Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mucha Catedral!

Today was a very pleasant day, largely because it was Friday and I had time to do lots of things which didn't include homework.

Lunch could best be described as large, consisting of lots of pureed tomato soup, a bowl of mashed potatos/cubed ham/an over-easy egg/cheese, and a mango. After, I felt more or less like I never needed to eat again! Delicious though, of course! That might be part of the problem!

I visited the Leon Cathedral this afternoon to take the audio-guided tour, which was enjoyable. It was built in the mid 13th century when Leon only had 5000 people, and yet it was a particularly unusual cathedral because it used a newer style of architecture allowing much more wall space to be used for stained glass rather than thick stone walls. Very beautiful.

Olivia and I went on a run which is probably my favorite route, largely because it is quite defined and entirely flat. Also, the weather completely cleared up (good thing I wore rainboots and took an umbrella to school...) so the sky was blue and the leaves are starting to change colors! We also joined a gym this week (my first non-school gym membership!) and I'm excited to have that as a workout option, especially as it gets colder!

After, I hurried home and went to an organ concert with my host parents, back at the Cathedral! I do prefer orchestra music to organ music, but I'm glad I went; it's of course an impressive space to have a concert, even if my host parents were not too impressed with the sound of the organ there... To their delight, though,  it's going to be renovated soon. We had a glass of wine and a tapa at a bar they like (very crowded, so other people clearly like it too!), which I enjoyed a lot; they're smart and funny and tolerant of my difficulties with communication! I have been able to make a few jokes this week though, which is satisfying :)


No comments:

Post a Comment