Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Momentous Occasion

Today I had the best mango of my life. I can't look back on too many things and say "that was the best ever" because I normally hesitate to make such a conclusion (What if I've forgotten some other important occasion?), but this time, I'm sure. Considering that mango is my favorite fruit and one of my favorite foods overall, this is no small realization. Spanish mangoes are much less fibrous than those from South America, which is what we're used to, and this one was so soft, I didn't even need to chew. Each bite just melted in my mouth. After slicing off every possible piece, I made sure no one was coming and I licked the juice off the plate. When I was done eating, I didn't get up for a minute or two, instead reflecting on the magnitude of the event.


This photo is all that remains of the mango. Well, this photo and the promise of 4 more yet uneaten mangoes that were purchased at the same time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment