Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I'm Famous!

At least in Leon... Yesterday, as we were about to leave class, Santos, our program coordinator, came in and told us to hang out for a bit since a journalist and photographer were there to interview us about the election. We proceeded to attempt to explain in Spanish our political views, charicteristics of America and our impressions of politics in Spain while the photographer bounced around taking lots of pictures. Today was on the front page, along with an impressively-misquoted article. I'm not sure if that's due to him not being able to understand what we were saying so he filled in the gaps or him just making things up. Either way, according to the article, I stated that until now, health insurance has covered 100% of US citizens, but if the government changes, many people won't be able to face the costs that come from the doctors. I think. I was going to translate it verbatum, but I actually didn't know two words in my "own" sentence so I had to use a dictionary and guess on the meanings!

If you are curious, you can take a look at the main article, a short article with an entertaining photo, or another short article.

In other news: You know that great feeling you get when you eliminate a lot of clutter from your life? It turns out that's almost applicable to the situation where you delete everything off your computer because refuses to boot up and there seems to be no possible solution! Now my Desktop, My Documents, and Downloads are all so clean. And, I even learned some helpful tricks and information about the inner workings of my computer. As it is only 2 months old, I didn't have anything irreplaceable so it's really just time I need to put into re-downloading...Should have brought that backup hard drive with me after all. Also I have an essay due Friday, so there won't be any photos for a little while. I went on a great trip last weekend, though, so when I do get some photos up, they'll be worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment